em network issues

Remko Lodder remko at FreeBSD.org
Thu Oct 19 18:17:24 UTC 2006

Kip Macy wrote:

> On Wed, 18 Oct 2006, Jack Vogel wrote:
>> I'm a bit confused from the way you worded this, do you have watchdogs
>> with em, or you use em to avoid them?
>
> I have watchdogs with the current (post vendor update) em driver, but
> not with an older (pre vendor update) version of it.

Same here!

Didn't had the problem prior to the update, after the update it
started doing watchdog timeouts, occassionaly the interface goes
up/down after the watchdog error.  I did not spot this on my other
servers yet, but the traffic passing the if_em interface is not that
much (just normal webtraffic, mail traffic etc).

cheers,
remko

--
Kind regards,

      Remko Lodder               ** remko at elvandar.org
      FreeBSD                    ** remko at FreeBSD.org

      /* Quis custodiet ipsos custodes */