6.2-PRE /boot/loader

Dmitry Pryanishnikov dmitry at atlantis.dp.ua
Wed Oct 18 20:21:19 UTC 2006

Hello!

On Wed, 18 Oct 2006, [LoN]Kamikaze wrote:
>>     sysctl: unknown oid 'net.inet6.ip6.auto_linklocal'
>>
>>     due to missing inet6 support in my kernel.
>
> This looks like a stale entry in your /etc/sysctl.conf or
> /boot/loader.conf to me. Just remove it (the entry, not
> the file).

   No, it isn't. It's new and shiny (yet harmless) bug, which made it's way
into the RELENG_6 with the following commit:

ume         2006-10-16 15:09:24 UTC

   FreeBSD src repository

   Modified files:        (Branch: RELENG_6)
     etc/rc.d             auto_linklocal
     sys/netinet6         in6_ifattach.c
   Log:
   MFC: Revert the default value of net.inet6.ip6.auto_linklocal to 1.
   If ipv6_enable is not set to "YES", net.inet6.ip6.auto_linklocal
   is turned to 0 at boot.

and this is the result of the /etc/rc.d/auto_linklocal execution on
IPv6-less kernel.

Sincerely, Dmitry
--
Atlantis ISP, System Administrator