mountd changed?

Rink Springer rink at FreeBSD.org
Tue Oct 17 17:37:08 UTC 2006

Hi Erik, Lin,

On Mon, Oct 16, 2006 at 12:01:11AM +0200, Erik Trulsson wrote:
> [Second attempt to send this, since my first seems to have been eaten by my
>  ISP.  Apologies if it appears twice.]
>
> On Sun, Oct 15, 2006 at 05:40:22PM +0200, Rink Springer wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > On Sun, Oct 15, 2006 at 11:30:23PM +0800, Lin Jui-Nan Eric wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > If I revert to revision 1.81.2.4, it worked correctly.

> > OK, could you try the attached patch (untested) and let me know whether
> > it works? (it patches the 1.81.2.5 revision of mountd.c)
>
> I had the same problems, but only when trying to export directories from
> the root filesystem.  Your patch below would not help.
> The following patch (very much inspired by the comment on line 1038 in
> mountd.c) makes things work for me:

I intend to commit the patch at http://rink.nu/tmp/mountd.c.diff,
which is basically a commented version of the patch by Erik.

However, I'm still under mentorship, and Warner (imp) seems to be
unreachable, which actually doesn't really surprise me.

Anyway, if anyone authorized could give me the go-ahead, I'd be happy to
commit this ...

--
Rink P.W. Springer                                - http://rink.nu
"Patience is for those who cannot afford