/etc/rc's purgedir (or /etc/rc.d/cleanvar in 6.0)

Kai kai at xs4all.nl
Tue Oct 17 16:32:32 UTC 2006

Hello,

I have a funny message at boot time, after fsck I see:

real memory  = 3489071104 (3407296K bytes)
avail memory = 3394760704 (3315196K bytes)
Mounting root from ufs:/dev/da0s1a
pmap_collect: collecting pv entries -- suggest increasing PMAP_SHPGPERPROC
pmap_collect: collecting pv entries -- suggest increasing PMAP_SHPGPERPROC
maxproc limit exceeded by uid 0, please see tuning(7) and login.conf(5).
maxproc limit exceeded by uid 0, please see tuning(7) and login.conf(5).
em0: Link is up 100 Mbps Full Duplex

I have traced this down to purgedir calling itself recursively while
cleaning /var/run. In /var/run there is a dovecot-index directory, which
seems to be 8 levels deep.

I know that 8 levels deep is not normal, but it seems to me that purgedir()
should be able to handle this, or am I overlooking something?

Regards,
Kai
--
begin 600 .signature