carp0 interface goes down on 6.2-PRERELEASE

Ari Suutari ari at suutari.iki.fi
Fri Oct 13 05:43:35 UTC 2006

Hi,

Marko Lerota wrote:
> I meant:
> Maybe first they have to talk to each other and say:
> "OK, I will be the master first, and you wait. And if I don't send
> you any more sync packets, then you should be in charge :)"

	I have been using freevrrpd for quite a long time now and
	I think that carp is basicly the same thing (ie. VRRP) but
	a kernel implementation. It doesn't require both nodes to
	be alive when the system starts, if there is only one system and
	it doesn't hear advertisements from anyone, it goes to MASTER
	state after a while.

	Ari S.