freebsd panic on HP Proliant DL360

Pete French petefrench at ticketswitch.com
Thu Oct 12 10:03:46 UTC 2006

> This is a known problem. It is fixed in HEAD, but unfortunately it
> isn't mergeable to RELENG_6. The problem isn't related to either pf,
> ipf or NIC drivers.

This is a little alarming - because what you seem to be saying is that
if you have DL360's then you need to either run current, or accept that
they will panic every so often for as long as you are running RELENG_6.
We are looking to change our hardware soon, and DL360's were top of the
list for replacements!

Is there a PR reference for this describing the solution to the problem
in HEAD somewhere that I could take a look at ?

-pete.