[fbsd] HEADS UP: FreeBSD 5.3, 5.4, 6.0 EoLs coming soon

Jeremie Le Hen jeremie at le-hen.org
Thu Oct 12 03:03:23 PDT 2006

Hi list,

On Wed, Oct 11, 2006 at 03:15:25PM -0700, Doug Barton wrote:
> In order to facilitate this effort, I'd like to suggest that a new
> mailing list be created, freebsd-releng4. That would allow the
> interested folks to get together, pool resources, and decide what is
> possible.

I am all for it.

According to this thread, it appears the 4.x branch is still used for
whatever reasons, may they be perceived good or bad depends on one's
own consideration and feeling.  If the FreeBSD Project is going to
relinquish RELENG_4 support because of lack of interest from the
developpers -- and I can understand this --, it would not hurt though
to arrange a place where people still interrested in RELENG_4 could
talk together, exchange tricks and patches and so to continue a kind
of unofficial support.

Although this may appear as a loose and slack support, it is yet
better than having nothing, IMHO.

Best regards,
--
Jeremie Le Hen