How to connects to Linux machine via null-modem cable and cu command?

Sun Zongjun-E5739C E5739C at motorola.com
Wed Oct 11 05:10:03 UTC 2006

Hi, Koshy

Thanks for your timely reply. It is my fault configuration on the linux machine.

I use linux instead of vt100 (vt102).
S1:23:respawn: /sbin/agetty -L ttyS0 115200, 9600 linux

Windows can work with this configuration, but cu and FreeBSD can't.

I replaced it with vt100
S1:23:respawn:/sbin/agetty -L ttyS0 115200, 9600 vt100

That is OK.

Thanks a lot

Best Regards
Sun Zongjun