gmirror warnings

Vivek Khera vivek at khera.org
Tue Oct 10 14:20:24 UTC 2006

Over the weekend and today we got some curious error messages from
gmirror providers:

Oct  7 03:02:14 dtfe2 kernel: ad6: FAILURE - out of memory in start
Oct  7 04:15:58 dtfe2 kernel: ad4: FAILURE - out of memory in start

Oct 10 03:02:16 dtfe2 kernel: ad4: FAILURE - out of memory in start
Oct 10 03:02:45 dtfe2 kernel: ad6: FAILURE - out of memory in start
Oct 10 03:03:14 dtfe2 kernel: ad6: FAILURE - out of memory in start

Nothing of note on either side of these lines.

Both gmirror status and gmirror list show no issues with the mirror,
but is there some way to do a full verify?

Should I be worried about these warnings or are they just transient
failures that correct themselves?

System is FreeBSD 6.1-RELEASE amd64.