buildworld: undefined reference to `SHA256_Update'

Bjoern A. Zeeb bzeeb-lists at lists.zabbadoz.net
Sat Oct 7 10:00:13 UTC 2006

On Sat, 7 Oct 2006, Ruslan Ermilov wrote:

Hi,

>> I get this buildworld error with a reshly updated RELENG_6:
>>

>> cc -O2 -pipe -fno-strict-aliasing -march=pentium-m -I/usr/src/secure/libexec/sftp-server/../../../crypto/openssh -include ssh_namespace.h -DNO_IDEA   -o sftp-server sftp-server.o sftp-common.o -lssh -lcrypt -lcrypto -lz
>> /usr/obj/usr/src/tmp/usr/lib/libssh.so: undefined reference to `SHA256_Update'
>> /usr/obj/usr/src/tmp/usr/lib/libssh.so: undefined reference to `SHA256_Final'
>> /usr/obj/usr/src/tmp/usr/lib/libssh.so: undefined reference to `SHA256_Init'
>> *** Error code 1
>>
>> Stop in /usr/src/secure/libexec/sftp-server.
>>

>> I was away for the last two weeks, so maybe this is already known?
>> All I did so far was check the latest security advisories and google,
>> but that turned out nothing usable.
>>
> Verify that libssh.so in objdir lists libmd as its dependency.
> Verify that libmd.so in objdir has these functions.  You should
> get output similar to this:

I have/had a similar problem yesterday evening. But I have the MK_
changes locally backported and built WITHOUT_KERBEROS which made
things fail. I haven't had the time to diff to HEAD to find what was
causing above.
I could not reproduce it with __MAKE_CONF and SRCCONF set to /dev/null.

So it might be a locally set option in make.conf?