Recommendations for a serial port card you can actually BUY?

Karl Denninger karl at denninger.net
Fri Oct 6 00:09:12 UTC 2006

On Thu, Oct 05, 2006 at 05:04:41PM -0400, Bob Johnson wrote:
> On 10/5/06, Karl Denninger <karl at denninger.net> wrote:
> [...]
> >that
> >>
> I have used USB-to-serial converters with no problem. All the control
> signals (at least the ones my applications need) seem to work
> correctly. I don't remember any brands or models off hand, I bought
> what was cheap as I needed them and they all worked. "Cheap" means
> under $20 delivered (for one port).

Interesting.

Now, what happens when you reboot?  Do they come back in random order?
That won't work!  I need to know that port 2 will BE Port 2 the next time
the machine comes up....

Karl Denninger (karl at denninger.net) Internet Consultant & Kids Rights Activist
http://www.denninger.net	My home on the net - links to everything I do!
http://scubaforum.org		Your UNCENSORED place to talk about DIVING!