"scan stuck" with if_iwi(4)

Henrik Brix Andersen henrik at brixandersen.dk
Wed Jul 26 16:30:20 UTC 2006

On Wed, Jul 26, 2006 at 09:10:03AM -0700, Sam Leffler wrote:
> Thanks for your help but understand this is not necessarily a solution;
> just the addition of a knob.

I know.

> The linux driver already used 7 consecutive beacon misses to trigger
> roaming so I'm not sure why 10 is an improvement but given that
> adding 300ms (typical) lag makes you happy I wasn't going to argue
> :)

Actually, it seems the linux driver uses a threshold of 8 missed
beacons for roaming and a threshold of 24 for disassociation.

But you're correct - this only solves the issue of being disassociated
every 3 minutes; it doesn't solve the problem behind "scan stuck", but
this problem is not present here anymore since the station is not
disassociated all the time.

I'll try to address the scan stuck problem when I find some more time.

Regards,
Brix

--
Henrik Brix Andersen <henrik at brixandersen.dk>