if_bge driver problem. - Upgrade to RELEASE :)

Oleg Bulyzhin oleg at FreeBSD.org
Tue Jan 31 06:17:03 PST 2006

On Tue, Jan 31, 2006 at 03:31:11PM +0200, husnu demir wrote:
> Anyway, let me learn to use cvs some other day. I do what u said and applied patch. It is working. At least I can ping and when I gave an IP address to the Interface and remove the physical connection, it shows UP/DOWN. If it is made UP but has no IP address, It shows nothing. But I will use it with an IP address so no problem.

Excuse me, I didnt understand this one:
"If it is made UP but has no IP address, It shows nothing."

Are you talking about running 'ifconfig bge2 up' (without ip bound to bge2)?
"It shows nothing" -  does it mean no UP/DOWN messages in console.log or
ifconfig bge2 reports status 'no carrier'?

> Switch still shows "CRC Error Frames" when I do UP/DOWN.
I'll try to investigate the issue.

> Thanks.
>
> Husnu Demir.

P.S. do you see both types of link messages in your console.log ('link UP/DOWN'
and 'link state state change to UP/DOWN')? are they synchronized?

--
Oleg.