6.0-RELEASE freeze repetitively

Oliver Brandmueller ob at e-Gitt.NET
Mon Jan 30 14:48:47 PST 2006

Hi

On Mon, Jan 30, 2006 at 02:16:15PM -0800, Atanas wrote:
> If you have SMP and QUOTA enabled, you might find the following threads
> useful:
>
> http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-hackers/2005-November/014339.html
> http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-stable/2005-December/020606.html
> http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-stable/2006-January/021693.html
>
> All of the possible workarounds I know are limited to the following:
> - disable SMP
> - disable QUOTA support
> - downgrade to 5.4(-STABLE)

I've read these threads. I get almost the same problem (see my other
post). On a UP machine with HTT disabled in the BIOS and an non-SMP
kernel installed. Disabling QUOTA (though it really, really hurts in my
situation) is the next step. Downgrade to 5.4 is kind of a last resort,
I really don't want to go that way. With all my busy servers I have a
lot better experiences with RELENG_6 than with RELENG_5. Well, except
for that one.

- Oliver

--
| Oliver Brandmueller | Offenbacher Str. 1  | Germany       D-14197 Berlin |
| Fon +49-172-3130856 | Fax +49-172-3145027 | WWW:   http://the.addict.de/ |