where is gnome-power-manager

Kevin Oberman oberman at es.net
Mon Jan 30 12:00:53 PST 2006

> Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2006 06:05:27 -0600
> From: Michael Ekstrand <lists at elehack.net>
> Sender: owner-freebsd-stable at freebsd.org
>
> On Sun, 29 Jan 2006 16:30:23 +0100
> Roger Grosswiler <roger at gwch.net> wrote:
> > i look for gnome-power-manager. where except gnome.org can i find it???
>
> There's x11/gnome2-power-tools in Ports, not sure if that includes
> Power Manager or not.
>
> Otherwise, try getting it from gnome.org. I don't know if it depends on
> any Linux-specific power management interfaces; it may or may not.

gnome-power-manager depends on HAL which as not yet been ported to
FreeBSD. It will probably also need some work to inter-operate correctly
with the FreeBSD ACPI implementation.

I believe the HAL port is in progress, although I don't know just how
long it might be until it's ready.
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)