if_iwi problem

Max Laier max at love2party.net
Sat Jan 28 10:04:37 PST 2006

On Saturday 28 January 2006 18:53, [LoN]Kamikaze wrote:
> I've got two problems with if_iwi.
>
> While active I permanently get the error message:
> iwi0: unknown notification type 15
>
> And the command:
> # ifconfig iwi0 scan
> doesn't work. There are no scan results, and if I establish a connection
> manually it might even hang.
>
> Just so you know, I did not forget to load the firmware.

Could you try the version of the driver from:
http://people.freebsd.org/~mlaier/firmware-20060125.tgz

It has several fixes and a completely reworked firmware loading.  To use it
you have to do the following:
1) copy the contents of the above tarball over your source tree
2) apply sys/conf/kmod.mk.diff
3) build and install modules/firmware and modules/iwi_fw
4) build and load modules/iwi

With this you don't need iwicontrol etc. anymore.  Firmware is automatically
fetched from the iwi_fw modules.

I'm going to commit the firmware loading part shortly and will look at
importing the iwi changes later.  Would appreciate feedback.

/"\  Best regards,                      | mlaier at freebsd.org