Hi all.. Novice user having woes getting Atheros card up in FreeBSD 6.0

Derek Evans derek at techie.com
Fri Jan 27 15:51:12 PST 2006

I think the newest D-link DWL-AG530 must use the AR5213 chipset too.
Before I got it I had done some checking and read somewhere that it used
the AR5212, so I thought I'd be ok.

When I tried it recently I got:

FreeBSD rock 6.0-STABLE FreeBSD 6.0-STABLE #1: Sun Jan 22 10:45:11 EST
2006     derek at rock:/usr/src/sys/i386/compile/ROCK  i386
ath0: <Atheros 5212> mem 0xea000000-0xea00ffff irq 11 at device 17.0 on pci0
ath0: unable to collect channel list from hal; regdomain likely 18
country code 0
device_attach: ath0 attach returned 22

I haven't tried Sam's patches yet.  I'm assuming they're still current
though.

> I have instructions for getting the patches, applying the patches, and
> testing them.  I'll send them to you via BSDForums (since that's where
> they're saved).

Can you point me to these instructions as well please?  Yes, I already
looked. :)

-derek