diskio / filesystem related deadlock on SMP 6.0-STABLE machine.

Henri Hennebert hlh at restart.be
Fri Jan 27 03:10:34 PST 2006

Quoting Kris Kennaway <kris at obsecurity.org>:

> On Thu, Jan 26, 2006 at 06:44:22PM -0500, Kris Kennaway wrote:

>> > Well thats good to know, i was planning on upgrading a production box
>> > from 5 to 6, its SMP and uses QUOTA. How did 6 get released when QUOTA
>> > was known to cause deadlocks?
>
> FYI, you can probably work around this by setting debug.mpsafevfs=0.
> Of course, you'll lose the filesystem performance benefits.

I encounter the same problem (kern/91631) and debug.mpsafevfs=0 don't solve
the issue!

I have to disable quota in etc/rc.conf.local and /etc/fstab to go around
the problem (options QUOTA is still in my kernel config). The system
is running for 6 days now and I cross my fingers...

I intend to send a follow-up to the PR after 15 days of uptime.

Henri