QEmu + floppies

Daniel O'Connor doconnor at gsoft.com.au
Thu Jan 26 22:19:47 PST 2006

Has anyone gotten QEmu floppies working in FreeBSD?
I've tried booting both amd64 and i386 ISOs in qemu but the kernel does not
see the drive.

In the loader I can read files that are on the floppy image though..

Booting -v only shows..
fdc0 failed to probe at port 0xf0-0x3f5,0x3f7 irq 6 drq 2 on isa0

Google shows other people having the same problem and the likely candidate is
fdc.c r1.290 although I haven't tried backing it out yet..

Does anyone have a fix for this problem? (or a work around)

Thanks
are so many of them to choose from."
  -- Andrew Tanenbaum