Source upgrade for 6-STABLE gets: "ERROR: Source upgrades from versions prior to 5.3 not supported."

David Wolfskill david at catwhisker.org
Thu Jan 19 11:42:56 PST 2006

On Thu, Jan 19, 2006 at 08:31:42PM +0100, Björn König wrote:
> David Wolfskill schrieb:
> >This caught me a bit by surprise.  This was on my laptop:

> Is BOOTSTRAPPING really "0"? Add the line
> 	@echo ${BOOTSTRAPPING}
> below this line to make sure in case you didn't already.
>
> Show also the output of
>   grep 'define.*FreeBSD' /usr/include/osreldate.h

Thanks for the hint:  it looks as if the laptop had powered off after
the "make installkernel" completed -- thus the output of "uname -a" and
after I had moved /usr/include aside but before the "make installworld"
got started.

So:  pilot error on my part.

I'll re-boot the laptop into single-user mode on that slice, do the
"make installworld", and proceed from there.

[This is what I get for letting the build run on the laptop while I
drive in to work, I guess....  :-}]

Peace,
david
David H. Wolfskill				david at catwhisker.org
Mail filters, like sewers, need to be most restrictive at the point of entry.