Gmirror'd SWAP: no dump?

Christoph Schug chris+freebsd-stable at schug.net
Thu Jan 19 04:34:30 PST 2006

On Thu, Jan 19, 2006, Larry Rosenman wrote:

> Would the lack of -h cause gmirror to hang at startup?  I'd see the
> Gmirror code come up, and then the machine would hang.

IIRC I had the problem that 'gmirror insert' without '-h' not always
inserted the slice specified by the entire block device (e.g. /dev/ad4s1
vs. /dev/ad4). Apparently there is some auto detection code and/or
gmirror cannot differ correctly, but that's just a guess. Specifing '-h'
fixed it in my case.

> In this kind of setup, I still saw the 'b' partition mirrored. (since I
> basically
> Only have da0s1/da1s1).

If I understand you correctly moving swap to a different slice should do
the job.

-cs