hptmv, Verify a raid5 array panics

Kenneth kenneth at ubh.homeip.net
Tue Jan 17 17:53:37 PST 2006

Verifying a raid5 array from High-Points CLI results in a panic. It has
always from the beginning of the driver behaved like this.

I dare what happens if a disk fail and I need a rebuild.

Did the authors verify these vital functions? Does other have the same
problem?
I have waited out the maturing of the driver without success.

I have tried to ask Highpoint about this also, but I only get stupid "from
the support
questions" about the latest bios, which I have etc. After answering I get
the usual "when the
support does not care/wait until the problem solves when the client are
tierd enough and
forgets" silence.

Before I submit dumps etc I want to know if any one else has experienced the
same problems.

B.R. A tired Kenneth

Home server with my modest needs and also serving (for free) counter-strike
with some web services:
(writing this to prevent answerslike ; Why don't you get an expensive Areca
card instead?)
(and I have you tried Vinum/Gvinum before?)*

Iwill DH800
2* Xeon 2.4GHz
High-Point (low-crap?) 1820a
4*Maxtor 200G

*Lukas Ertl did get some dumps about this a year ago.