[6.0-RELEASE] Trouble with Intel-SATA-RAID Controller

Mike Tancsa mike at sentex.net
Fri Jan 13 06:58:18 PST 2006

At 08:44 AM 12/01/2006, Raphael H. Becker wrote:

>Hi Mike, *,
>
>thank you for the answer.
>
>On Wed, Jan 11, 2006 at 02:15:46PM -0500, Mike Jakubik wrote:
> > Raphael H. Becker wrote:
> > > So I guess will need another SATA-RAID-Controller (PCI).
> > > Which SATA-RAID-controller works "rock solid" with 6.0-RELEASE?
> > >

> > 3ware, areca, and highpoint are good choices.
>
>I froogled around:
>
>3ware:
>   * 3ware Raid Controller Escalade 8006-2LP, 2 Channels,  about 130-150 EUR
>
>Any experience with theese controllers?
>Any other manufacturers/models in the range between 100 and 200EUR
>for 2 disks?

The Areca is higher in price as they only come in 4 ports and
above.  Go with the 3ware 8006 2 port. If you are looking for
stability and reliability under FreeBSD, its the way to go. I have
recovered from many failed disks with the 3ware under FreeBSD, Linux
and Windows and it works and works well.

         ---Mike