Fast releases demand binary updates..

Daniel O'Connor doconnor at gsoft.com.au
Thu Jan 12 02:24:42 PST 2006

On Thu, 12 Jan 2006 18:04, Jo Rhett wrote:
> > ports/76724 - patch committed after a week
> > docs/87445 - immediately adopted by a committer, being worked on
>
> I received no e-mail notification of either.  My posts about said bugs to
> the appropriate mailing lists garnered no responses other than "put in
> GNATS"

You should have.
I get email when my PR's are changed..
(I have submitted a few more than you but not many)

Maybe you should consider your email system was at fault here? Or there was a
temporary problem with the FreeBSD mail servers?

I'd be pretty suprised at the later as lost email is very very rare in my
experience (when dealing with FreeBSD).

> > Oh, how we have wronged you!  Please let us know how we may correct
> > this grievous injustice!
>
> Nice sarcasm.  Doesn't change that these were ignored, or that other
> proposed patches gathered zero responses so I stopped bothering to submit
> them.  As I said, I've learned that "no response" means "will be ignored".

Quite frankly given the way you have approached this, I am not suprised you
get scorn.

None of those PRs where ignored, your saying they were in the face of evidence
in GNATS considerably weakens your position of "poor coder those mean FreeBSD
people keep ignoring".

are so many of them to choose from."
  -- Andrew Tanenbaum