Postfix and faststart

Johny Mattsson lonewolf-freebsd at earthmagic.org
Sat Jan 7 17:26:07 PST 2006

On 01/08/06 12:11, Mike Jakubik wrote:
> I think the port should also depend on a database server, if it has been
> compiled with one or any other of the supported configuration options.
> I'm not sure if this can be dynamically generated based on ports
> configuration though.

Maybe it would be useful to have a dummy DATABASE milestone, since I
imagine there are many applications that do depends on various databases
(mail & webservers being the first to come to mind). Having a DATABASE
milestone would allow for good decoupling between the individual apps
and the various databases. Databases would "BEFORE: DATABASE", and apps
depending on them could simply "REQUIRE: DATABASE" and not have to worry
about whether it was compiled with a postgresql, mysql or someothersql
database.

Just a thought, and possibly not the most well-considered one at that,
but I figured it might be worthwhile enough to share :)

Cheers,
/Johny
--
Johny Mattsson - Making IT work  ,-.   ,-.   ,-.  When all else fails,
http://www.earthmagic.org     _.'  `-'   `-'   Murphy's Law still works!