rpcbind lingering on IP no longer specified on command line

Doug Barton dougb at FreeBSD.org
Wed Jan 4 11:41:33 PST 2006

FWIW, this question could probably have been asked on freebsd-questions@
since it doesn't really pertain specifically to an issue about a stable
branch, but that's not the end of the world.

Vivek Khera wrote:
> I had rpcbind running with on two interfaces like this:
>
> rpcbind -h 192.168.100.200 -h 10.0.0.9
>
> Now, I changed rpcbind_flags in /etc/rc.conf to just have the first
> address, and I restarted rpcbind.  the process list from ps shows it is
> running like this:
>
> rpcbind -h 192.168.100.200
>
> Yet nmap on the other address shows rpcbind is still listening on udp
> there.  How do I stop that?

What does 'sockstat | grep rpcbind' tell you?