Installing FreeBSD 6.0 on IBM BladeCenter HS20

Damian Gerow dgerow at afflictions.org
Tue Feb 28 23:25:58 PST 2006

Thus spake Stacey Roberts (stacey at vickiandstacey.com) [01/03/06 02:24]:
: > Generic PS/2 keyboard.  But it's wired in to the blade via USB1.1.
:
: I see.
:
: Is it possible to try a genuine USB keyboard to see if that makes a difference? You'll want to also include the
: procedure for USB keyboard installation / boot as well..,

I don't believe so.

Though the chassis wires the keyboard and mouse to its housed blades via
USB1.1, I believe that there are only PS/2 ports provided for the
peripherals.  That being said, ISTR seeing a USB port on the front panel of
one of our chassis', but I doubt we have a USB keyboard kicking around here
to try.  I'll see if I can dig one up.