RELENG_6: serial console drops back from 115200 to 9600 baud

Dimitry Andric dimitry at andric.com
Sat Feb 25 17:37:15 PST 2006

Ed Maste wrote:
> What's in your /boot.config?

In my case, I use -P, because I usually don't have a keyboard hooked up,
but ocasionally do use it.  Additionally, I had console="comconsole" in
my /boot/loader.conf.  However, commenting that out doesn't help either.

I guess the -P option causes the console variable to be set too?  In
that case comc_probe might pick it up, and never change the speed from
what the BIOS configured.  (Note that I've never used boot0sio, and
AFAICs the 'normal' boot0 doesn't mess with the serial port speed.)

> Are your bootblocks from the 6.1 beta as well, or from a previous install?

I never actively reinstalled them, except of course for running
installworld.  I've always assumed installworld would take care of that,
and I really would be amazed if it didn't. :)