AMD64 or I386

Albert Shih shih at math.jussieu.fr
Wed Feb 22 16:59:51 PST 2006

Hi all

I've very strange problem with my new servers with AMD single core dual
proc with 4 Go Ram.

When I boot the i386 version of FreeBSD 6.0 he see 4 Go but tell me he
can't not access to 4go but only 3 Go. I upgrade to FreeBSD 6-Stable and nothing change.

When I boot the amd64 version of FreeBSD 6.0 he see 5 Go (!!) but tell me
he can access only 4 go (well). When I upgrade to FreeBSD 6-Stable nothing
change.

My problem is I need i386 version (because I'need maxima who need
sbcl...and sbcl don't run on amd64).

If I tell the kernel I've 4 Go the system don't boot (kernel panic).

What can I do.

Regards.

--
Albert SHIH