Freebsd 6.1 and Palm Tungsten C

Joseph Olatt joji at eskimo.com
Wed Feb 22 08:20:08 PST 2006

Hello Victoria,

I also have a Tungsten C that I am using with FreeBSD 6.1-PRERELEASE
without any problems.

I *do not* have the entries that you have in my usbd.conf. In fact, I
have not touched usbd.conf. However, I have the following entries added to
/etc/devd.conf:

attach 10 {
        device-name "ucom0";
        action "chmod 0666 /dev/cuaU0";
};

To backup my palm, I do the following:

1. kldload uvisor

2. Press the sync button on my Tungsten C cradle.

3. Run the following command:
pilot-xfer -p /dev/cuaU0 -b /home/someone/palm_bkup

Try commenting out the entries in your usbd.conf file and add the
entries that I have in my devd.conf file and see if it works for you.

regards,
joseph