hostap with atheros unusable on releng_6?

JoaoBR joao at matik.com.br
Tue Feb 21 17:29:44 PST 2006

On Tuesday 21 February 2006 14:47, Sam Leffler wrote:
> > I've got a ton of changes coming in from HEAD soon (don't recall what
> > the mfc date is).  These include a fix to deal with a race whereby tx
> > descriptors could be "lost" under heavy load.  This could explain the
> > slowdown in operation but not the timeouts.  If you can test with HEAD
> > that would be good; otherwise you'll need to wait for the mfc's.
>
> Actually it might explain the timeouts though I think it's unlikely.
> Regardless try HEAD or wait.

talking to yourself is where it starts ... ( just kidding ; I got it)

I am not sure if using head would be an option for me, my option is releng_5
so long because it works fine as hostap on ath

anyway I am not sure what you mean by losing tx descriptors and I am also not
so sure if this is related to the problem I see because the problem appears
with no traffic at all after some time

I read some docs from head and I didn't find something describing the problem
I have

João