hostap with atheros unusable on releng_6?

Martin nakal at nurfuerspam.de
Tue Feb 21 08:28:47 PST 2006

JoaoBR wrote:

> no problem at all, I get full througput in any mode as long as the device is
> working, it is not a performance issue, it stops rx/tx

I've got a different effect here.
The performance slowly decreases to zero with 11g.

> hum, what dhcp should have to do if the radio works or not?

Ok, was just a question to be sure.

> not all wi devices are capable to do hostap

If it is capable to transfer few bits in hostap mode,
it is also capable to run hostap. This was a card listed
in the manual pages ("Netgear MA311"). At that time
hostap did not function properly.

After the great upgrades by Sam Leffler, hostap started to
work for me on ath(4). Only 11g (and only the hostap part!)
does not work here (Netgear WG311T <-> Netgear WG511T).

Martin