Freebsd 6.1 and Palm Tungsten C

Viktorija viktorija at oic.lv
Sat Feb 18 18:56:53 PST 2006

Hi!

I have following problem. I have Palm Tungsten C and FreeBSD 6.1 on my laptop. I'm trying to synhronize my palm with freebsd, but without any success. What i did:
in kernel added devices:
ucom and uvisor.
in usbd.conf:
device "Palm Handheld"
         devname "ucom[0-9]+"
         vendor 0x0830
         product 0x0060
         release 0x0100
         attach "ln -fs /dev/ucom0 /dev/pilot; chmod 666 /dev/ucom0"

When i press sync button on palm, i see in messages:
Feb 19 02:50:29 blue kernel: ucom0: Palm, Inc. Palm Handheld, rev 1.00/1.00, addr 2

And in /dev directory i get cuaU0 and ttyU0, but not ucom0.
Ok, i saw in one message, that now ttyU0 should be used instead of ucom0, but when i'm trying:
 pilot-xfer -p /dev/ttyU0 -i palm/softs/Tube/Tube2.prc
nothing happens...

What i'm doing wrong?
Why ucom0 doesn't exist?
Maybe someone got similar problems?