tcp throughput and net.inet.tcp.inflight.enable

David Malone dwmalone at maths.tcd.ie
Thu Feb 16 02:04:03 PST 2006

On Wed, Feb 15, 2006 at 11:17:41PM -0500, Mike Tancsa wrote:
> For a local server, is there any reason why I would want to keep
> net.inet.tcp.inflight.enable on ?  I was kind of surprised at the
> difference in the results with it on and off

I think in a situation where your network is fast and large amounts
of buffering do not imply high latency, then the inflight limiting
stuff probably isn't useful.

(I have some coworkers who reckon that inflight limiting can do the
wrong thing in other situations too, but they haven't had a chance
to investigate their suspicions yet.)

	David.