pkg_sign & pkg_check missing with ports openssl

Bill Milford freebsd at milfordmail.com
Mon Feb 13 10:47:54 PST 2006

I am using the ports beta version of openssl in order to try to get OpenCA
working on a 6.1pre release system.

I buildworld and installworld with the following in /etc/make.conf
NO_OPENSSL=true
WITH_OPENSSL_PORT=yes
WITH_OPENSSL_BETA=yes

This doesn't install pkg_sign and pkg_check since they depend on openssl.

I installed the ports for openssl-beta, openssh-portable and heimdal to add
back in the crypto left out of the base system, but I cannot figure out how
to get pkg_sign and pkg_check back and if I even need to worry about it.

Bill