[panic] Fatal trap 12: page fault while in kernel mode

Daniel Gerzo danger at rulez.sk
Sat Feb 11 05:03:30 PST 2006

Hello Peter,

Friday, February 10, 2006, 7:10:50 PM, you has on mind:

> Please don't cross-post.  A problem with 6-RELEASE is not appropriate
> for current at .

I apologize.

> On Fri, 2006-Feb-10 14:48:39 +0100, Daniel Gerzo wrote:
>>   I've just got installed a brand new box, and I can say that it's
>>   hanging on regular basis, around every 10 minutes.

> Is the panic always at the same place or does it move around?  __qdivrem()
> hasn't been touched for just under two years and it seems unlikely that
> it would suddenly start triggering panics.

yes. the bactrace is the same all the time.

> Since you mention that this is a brand new box, are you certain that it
> isn't a hardware fault?  I suggest running (eg) memtest86 on it for a
> few hours and see if that picks anything up.

we upgraded our power supply to the stronger one and we can get 1+
hours of uptime before crash.

I've run sysutils/memtest and it didn't fail in any way.

I can provide more info if anybody tell me how :-)

--
Best regards
  Daniel Gerzo