6.0-Release sysinstall panic.

Tanel Rebane flagel at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 12:41:21 PST 2006

Hello!

I'm trying to install FBSD 6.0-Release on one of my servers. The
server, with the same hardware, has been running FBSD 5.4-Stable just
fine. The problem is that every time I try to install FBSD 6.0-
Release the system crashes when trying to extract base into /, the
crashes seem to occur at random point into the progress.

I've tried as much as I can think of, as disabling the onboard USB,
IEEE1394, LAN, audio and FDD from BIOS. I've also tried to boot
without support for ACPI and underclocked the Athlon XP-M 2600+ to
800MHz to minimize any hardware faults. The system should be stable
as it has no problem running both prime and memtest86 without faults
for 7+ days.

A picture of the panic: http://qwqb.com/temp/fault.jpg

The hardware consists of:
Motherboard: Abit AN7 nForce2 v.1.9 BIOS: http://www2.abit.com.tw/
page/se/motherboard/motherboard_detail.php?
pMODEL_NAME=AN7&fMTYPE=Socket+A
CPU: Athlon XP-M 2600+
Memory: TwinMOS 2*512MB Winbond BH-5
ATA-controller: Promise Ultra133TX2