umass device

Andrew N. Below defan at zenon.net
Tue Feb 7 04:51:00 PST 2006

Hi.
I have strange problem with 6.0-STABLE and USB flash
drive (Transcend JetFlash 1Gb). My work bsd-box is online
and powered 24/7 and almost every day I plug in my USB drive,
mount and work with it. But sometimes, after 3-4 days of
uptime, USB just freezes: I can see non-blinking led indicator
on flash drive when I plug it in, but I can see it via `camcontrol devlist`.

However, I can't see /dev/da0 and can't do anything with flash drive
(camcontrol rescan, eject/load give no results). Some times
system just reboots after removing flash drive from USB port _and_
typing `camcontrol devlist` or `camcontrol reset all`.

BTW, how should I remove flash drive properly? Is it necessary
to do `camcontrol eject x:x:x` before removing? I always did this
earlier, but for test purposes I skip this command for last
several days, and I see no difference.

There are no other USB devices (like mouse, keyboard, etc.)

My kernel config is attached.

PS: I have cvsup'ed (with RELENG_6 cvs tag) yesterday and now
`uname -r` shows "6.1-PRERELEASE" instead of "6.0-STABLE".
Is it ok? Are they same?

--
Andrew