XFree86 4.3.0

Gunnar Flygt gunnar.flygt at sr.se
Fri Feb 3 03:22:30 PST 2006

On Thu, Mar 06, 2003 at 10:32:12AM +0100, Gunnar Flygt wrote:
> I just want to report one more good thing. I recompiled mozilla
> from scratch right out of the ports directory, and it runs fine now
> with Xft support and all.

Again I have to reply to my own answer. The good thing is still
good, but only on one of the 3 systems I test 4.3.0 on.

The system working OK is a newly installed laptop which runs
5.0-CURRENT. The second system is an ordinary desktop 1.4GHz
Dell, which runs 4.7-STABLE. Here mozilla behaves as earlier
described. The info "No Windows found" is shown and then I get
the prompt back again. No mozilla started. I'm trying a recompile
of Xft using `portupgrade -r -f Xft` to see if this makes any
difference.

But at least XFree86 4.3.0 runs fine.

--
Gunnar Flygt, SR