wi0 hangs on boot (regression in 6.0)

Ronald Klop ronald-freebsd8 at klop.yi.org
Thu Feb 2 13:22:18 PST 2006

Hello,

When I boot my laptop with a wi0 pccard inserted, the machine locks after
probing wi0. I can't go to the debugger also.
The fun thing is, that it probes if I also inserted my ep0 card before
booting. But if I than remove both and only reinsert the wi0 it hangs
again. Suspend-resume gives the same hang.

In 5.x (I think 5.3) it worked ok. So I think there is some regression in
this driver.

I am not working on my laptop now, so I don't have a dmesg available, but
I will make one later if needed.
This problem is there since I started using 6.x and that is from 6.0-RC
until 6.0-STABLE (last week).

Do more people have this problem? And what info can I give to help
debugging this problem?

Ronald.

--
  Ronald Klop