Update: Change in Promise controllers (is the source-code broken?)

Christian Baer christian.baer at informatik.uni-dortmund.de
Wed Feb 1 04:28:52 PST 2006

I mounted ad8 as ro and tried to copy files off that drive. Didn't do
much good, the system still hung up. Because of the -ro I thought it
might be possible to shutdown the system cleanly, but that didn't work
this time either. During shutdown the fushing of the cache fails.

Strangely, this time the system also complained about a Robinson for
ad2. What really freaks me out about this is for one ad2 is connected to
the southbridge (as the device-name suggests) and that nothing on ad2
was ever mounted in this session.

What changed in the code?

Regards
Chris