Canonical 4.x to 6.x upgrade docs?

Charles Sprickman spork at bway.net
Fri Dec 29 04:02:37 PST 2006

Hi all,

I'm about to hit a number of machines with 6.2-RC2 since we're nearing the
release.  Many of course are remote, so shuffling CDs around and the like
is not practical.

I've not been able to find anything in the handbook or FAQ about the
process, and Google is returning very few interesting results.

This thread contains a few links to rse's procedure:

http://groups.google.com/group/mailing.freebsd.stable/browse_thread/thread/c4c9ccb11b3bfb6b/02a2ffbee370c813

Is there any official doc on this?  Perhaps I'm just not finding it?  I
would assume since everyone is being urged to get away from 4.x that
somewhere there's a good step-by-step on how to do that.

Thanks,

Charles