g_vfs_done() failures on 6.2-RC1

Matthew D. Fuller fullermd at over-yonder.net
Tue Dec 12 23:33:42 PST 2006

On Wed, Dec 13, 2006 at 12:25:49AM -0700 I heard the voice of
Scott Long, and lo! it spake thus:

> You mention that you are using a driver from the Areca website.
> Have you tried using the stock driver that comes with FreeBSD?  I
> don't know if it will be better or not, but I was planning on doing
> a refresh of the stock driver, and I'd hate to introduce instability
> that wasn't there before.

I don't think it's related to that.  I know a guy who saw similar
errors on an ICH-6(?) controller (with no RAID) on some random
RELENG_6, ending up in somewhat wonky filesystems.  I was inclined to
blame the controller, since it ends up with SATA slave devices.

Matthew Fuller     (MF4839)   |  fullermd at over-yonder.net