NFS locking: lockf freezes (rpc.lockd problem?)

Michael Abbott michael at araneidae.co.uk
Tue Aug 29 17:08:43 UTC 2006

>>> An alternative would be to update to RELENG_6 (or at least RELENG_6_1)
>>> and then try again.

So.  I have done this.  And I can't reproduce the problem.

# uname -a
FreeBSD venus.araneidae.co.uk 6.1-STABLE FreeBSD 6.1-STABLE #1: Mon Aug 28
18:32:17 UTC 2006
root at venus.araneidae.co.uk:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  i386

Hmm.  Hopefully this is a *good* thing, ie, the problem really has been
fixed, rather than just going into hiding.

So, as far as I can tell, lockf works properly in this release.

Sorry to have generated so much traffic on this!