NFS locking: lockf freezes (rpc.lockd problem?)

Oliver Fromme olli at lurza.secnetix.de
Tue Aug 29 10:06:42 UTC 2006

Alexey Karagodov wrote:
 > it's all is very good, but what can you say about to fix problem with
 > rpc.lockd ???

It has been mentioned several times in this mailing list:
rpc.lockd is in need of a complete rewrite.  Someone will
have to write a new rpc.lockd implementation.  As far as
I know, there is currently nobody working on it.

Best regards
   Oliver

"And believe me, as a C++ programmer, I don't hesitate to question
the decisions of language designers.  After a decent amount of C++
exposure, Python's flaws seem ridiculously small." -- Ville Vainio