16M RAM enough for FreeBSD 6.1?

Torfinn Ingolfsen torfinn.ingolfsen at broadpark.no
Sun Aug 27 08:42:36 UTC 2006

On Sat, 26 Aug 2006 22:44:24 -0500
Nikolas Britton <nikolas.britton at gmail.com> wrote:

> How do you know it has CardBus / PCMCIA 2.1 / JEIDA 4.2? have you
> checked? This standard was introduced in 1995.

I don't *know* it, but all evidence seems to point in that
direction. :-)
Quote from chapter 7 of the user guide:
"Important: the PC Card slots on the computer are CardBus slots that
support 16- and 32-bit PC Cards. They support the newer generation of
32-bit (CardBus) designed to take advantage of audio, video,
multifunction and high-speed LAN capabilities".
BTW, first edition of the User Guide is from March 1997,
I also tested with a CardBus card, and it fits into the slot.

> Yep. Try DragonFly BSD, it's based on FreeBSD 4.x code so it should be

Ok, So DragonFlyBSD supports CardBus cards? I'll try it.
--
Regards,
Torfinn Ingolfsen,