suggestions for SATA RAID cards

David O'Brien obrien at freebsd.org
Thu Aug 24 18:27:21 UTC 2006

On Thu, Aug 24, 2006 at 01:39:43AM -0500, Nikolas Britton wrote:
> had nothing but problems with my Promise card. To make matters worse
> Promise doesn't support FreeBSD... No drivers, No docs, Nothing.

eh???  You don't follow FreeBSD very carefully.  Promise sends full docs
to sos at freebsd.org who writes the driver.

I'd much rather have a talented driver writer who knows FreeBSD coding
style create the driver from vendor docs, than trusting the intern
silicon guy the forced to write code make one.

--
-- David  (obrien at FreeBSD.org)
A: Why is top-posting (putting a reply at the top of the message) frowned upon?