Newbie here

E. Gad p1agu313 at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 23 03:22:04 UTC 2006

Hi all,
 First let me say I'm a newbie (basicly)-
 I didn't know wich one of the freebsd mailing lists was better to ask questions on that may(or may not) be better someplace else.

 Anyway
 Just playing with freebsd 6 on a testing box. Upgraded l from 6.0 to 6.1 because it looked like popular opinion is that it's got a number of improvements after a few false starts and finally figuring what I did wrong  it went basicly ok.

 Only now when I went to use sysinstall  to install a few usefull looking items I run into "6.1.-p3 not found on server!" What's kind of puzling is if I do essentially the samething and run pkg_add --f from the command line many times it works. Is this normal? or did I do something wrong, and how do I fix it in either case?

 -thanks