speedstep / cpu frequency control on 6-stable?

Torfinn Ingolfsen torfinn.ingolfsen at broadpark.no
Mon Aug 21 20:39:14 UTC 2006

Hello,

What ids the current way to control cpu speed (and power consumption)
in FreeBSD 6-stable?
Before, est was one way, but all traces of est has disappeared
from /etc/defaults/rc.conf and thereabouts.
I find something about powerd and power_profile, but they don't seem to
work, and I can't seem to find out what variables / configuration items
to set. 'man cpufreq' isn't much help in that regard either.

Do I need working acpi to use a power control method?
--
Regards,
Torfinn Ingolfsen,