New Intel boards (was: Re: ATA problems again ... general problem of ICH7 or ATA?)

Patrick M. Hausen hausen at punkt.de
Mon Aug 21 07:10:56 UTC 2006

Hi, all!

On Mon, Aug 21, 2006 at 04:03:47AM +0200, Konstantin Saurbier wrote:

> This errors are not driver or OS dependent such as they appear on
> FreeBSD as well on different Linux distros.
> Since not all controllers suffering of these errors it is maybe
> depending on the firmware or board/chip revisions.

We have two brand new TYAN B5161G20SH4 systems that feature
ICH7 controllers and SATA-hotplug-bays. One system is equipped
with two Seagate ST3160811AS drives, the other one with
WD1600YS-01SHB0 drives.
Both are configured with gmirror for slice 1.

No problems at all after several days of "make -j4 buildworld".

OTOH I can confirm that I got random "watchdog timeouts"
with the em driver. debug.mpsafenet=0 fixed the problem
for now.

HTH,
Patrick
--
punkt.de GmbH         Internet - Dienstleistungen - Beratung
Vorholzstr. 25        Tel. 0721 9109 -0 Fax: -100